Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers NT Series
In developing the new NT series, we successfully merged our many years of experience with our industry-leading research to develop this versatile model, suitable for a wide range of applications in these industries: Petrochemical, HVAC, Chemical, Power, Sugar, Renewable Energy, Food, Marine, and Industrial Refrigeration.
Improved Efficiency Pays Off for You.
Our new OptiWave™ plate configuration takes heat transfer efficiency to a new level.
Conventional plates allow most media to flow directly from one port to the other, reducing the flow on the far side. This means that they don’t make full use of the heat transfer area, and require more plates.
Optiwave plates provide even media flow over the entire width, making full use of the area, and increasing efficiency with fewer plates.
The result? Plates with Optiwave deliver the same or better heat transfer efficiency with fewer plates. The NT Series uses Optiwave, requiring less heat transfer surface to achieve the same capacity and thus significantly reducing your cost without compromising performance.
Broad Selection Means the Right Heat Exchanger for your Needs.
The wide variety of sizes and plate shapes allows the design to exactly match your operating requirements.
- Sizes range from 2 ft² to over 30,000 ft² of total heat transfer surface.
- Connection sizes start at 1” and run all the way up to 20”. And we can provide any type of connection your job requires.
- Liquid volume flow ranges up to 20,000 gallons per minute.
- Design pressure of up to 360 psig (higher on request) and operating temperature of up to 350°F (420°F in exceptional cases).
- Your choice of plate materials includes 316 and 304 Stainless Steel, C-276, titanium, Titanium-Palladium and many others. Almost any material can be processed due to modern production facilities and well thought-out tool design.
- Extensive range of gasket materials.
Easy Maintenance Minimizes Equipment Down Time.
Our proprietary EcoLoc™ tools-free gasket attachment system makes gasket and plate replacement easier and ensures a perfect fit of the gasket and plate pack, so that maintenance is quick and convenient.
The NT series features PosLoc™, our own self-aligning plate system. Unlike conventional designs that rely just on the upper and lower beams for alignment, Posloc adds self-alignment leadins that cause the plates to self-align as you tighten the pressure plates after maintenance. This provides a stable, perfectly aligned plate pack, with gaskets positioned quickly and precisely.
Our NT500 Model With True 20" Port
In June 2009 we started shipping the newest addition to the NT Series, the NT500. Besides being one of the largest plate heat exchanges made, the NT500 has these unique features:
- Optiwave™ media distribution design, to make full use of the entire heat transfer surface area, and deliver the same performance with fewer plates.
- EcoLoc™ tools-free gasket installation.
- PosLoc™ self-aligning plate system, to help it close up tight the first time, every time.
- A full 20" plate port size. Other companies may use a full 20" connection and then taper down to a smaller plate port size. Our plate port is a full 20", reducing pressure drop in the unit.
- Flow rates up to 20,000 gpm (4500 m³/hr).
The NT500 is ideally suited for large volume applications, such as power plant cooling tower isolaters, large scale desalination, and similar uses. Contact us to find out how the NT500 can help you.